Art Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Workspace.

+5
DelinquentCherries
Zaelara.
NOX
xynree
ADMIN
9 posters

Go down

Your Workspace. Empty Your Workspace.

Post  ADMIN Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:14 pm

My workspace consists of everything everywhere.. markers, pencils, pens, etc on one big desk in my cave of a room. It's a pretty sad, cluttered sight. But the great thing is, I can get anything I need within reach and that's all I care about. This might be a symptom of some strain of art couch potato-itis.. art potato ? D;
I have my pretty mac and tablet (underneath all my papers), and I can't live without them. I don't paint as much as I used to, so that stuff is in storage (unfortunately). I have a bajillion unused canvas boards, which i need to be getting to haha.

So, Art Club, how do you organize your tools and materials for your art-ing? What's your workspace like? Do you have any habits for organizing things the way they are? Perhaps your favorite medium is with you all the time?
ADMIN
ADMIN
Admin

Back to top Go down

Your Workspace. Empty hi juliana

Post  xynree Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:36 pm

hehe my 'workspace.' i never have the time or the patience to actually sit down purposefully, take everything else out and draw. but i always have my tablet out on my computer, so i draw every now and then to relieve stress. when i want to do something traditionally, i have to clean out my insane messy desk. my color pencils and markers and pens and such are in this one drawer, but i don't ever have the time to take them out and just doodle around and such. oh well.
xynree
xynree

http://fugalugachingchong.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Your Workspace. Empty ...or lack thereof.

Post  NOX Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:49 pm

Huhuhu, I work on my bed nowadays. - u-;; But that's because I only have time to grab a pencil and my sketchbook when something brilliant hits me... which is.... once every three months...

My poor 9x12 WaCom awaits idly next to my computer, under the desk because it's too big to keep on top... and there isn't space next to my cups, papers, laptop, monitor, math book... bag of Ruffles, lotion, metronome, college letters. Markers in a red Dodge cup on a shelf on my desk, the other markers and color pencils and ink pens and brush pens in a random cubby next to the encyclopedias and a neglected portfolio... Old notebooks and old scratch paper work in another shelf to the left of my monitor...
Sketchbooks, reference books, art books on top of last year's calculus homework... under my SAT registration papers for October and November... which are below my beloved 1984 and Kite Runner left over from this summer's reading...

Hopefully by second semester, I'll have more time to draw. - u-;;

I'd like to see pictures if possible! It's always fantastic to see how/where other artists work. ^^

(If you can't tell already, I hate typing with proper grammar... huhu... -fails to represent good AP student- 8D )
NOX
NOX

Back to top Go down

Your Workspace. Empty consumed by textbooks.

Post  Zaelara. Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:57 am

LOL it's not really much of a workspace, just my desk that I do everything on.

There are a few tins of markers/pens/pencils/sharpies on my desk for convenience, right behind my mess of index cards in three sizes, textbooks, APUSH work, cups, plates, and other miscellaneous clutter. My Prisma color pencils are stacked in a box on the shelf above my desk. My drawing pads are all stacked high up on one of my other book shelves. There are random used canvases at the side of my desk along with old water colors and oil paints. More random stuff scatter throughout my room...

LOLOL when Ailsa mentioned pictures, I immediately thought of this one picture I took when Xyn and I had one of our 2AM webcam sessions.
Your Workspace. 00510
^LOLFAIL.
Zaelara.
Zaelara.

Back to top Go down

Your Workspace. Empty Clutter Galore~~~ 8D

Post  DelinquentCherries Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:04 pm

I actually have 2 workspaces but... yeahhh... >>;;;;

First is the table in the game room, where my computer and lovely -small- tablet are located. There are lots of papers and stuff scattered across the surface... >>;;; On my left are a stack of blank CDs, a flashdrive, and a pencil. To my right, another pencil, pen, eraser, books that aren't all mine, stapler, and a bunchhhh of scrap paper. :] And some college brochures/letters, too. Second is the desk in my room. :] That, too, is filled with papers and other miscellaneous objects. There's a cup of pens, my textbooks, more paper, basket of writing utensils, and a pencil sharpener. I'll take a picture of the two places eventually.... >>;;;;
DelinquentCherries
DelinquentCherries

http://aitoko.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Your Workspace. Empty Re: Your Workspace.

Post  ADMIN Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:30 pm

Like how seniors have college papers LOL. - _ -"
Right now, Harvard and Rice are sitting under my physics book hehe.

And how awesome is it that we all have medium-massively-insanely cluttered desks?? 8D
ADMIN
ADMIN
Admin

Back to top Go down

Your Workspace. Empty Oh the Colossal Clutter...But definitely home!

Post  lostinbooks Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:35 pm

My art desk is constantly covered with art stuff of all kinds...and rotating...
One day it will be piled high with bead containers and wire will be wrapped over anything in sight.
The next it will be covered in maps and plot notes...
Then it will be covered in scrapbooking supplies...then colored pencils!
None of my art supplies are where they are supposed to be. I wonder if they are running off when I'm away?

lostinbooks

Back to top Go down

Your Workspace. Empty NOM!

Post  Guest Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:42 am

i just work where i can usually in front of the tv on the coffee table with my laptop and procrastinating on hw Very Happy

yea short post lol

Back to top Go down

Your Workspace. Empty workspace

Post  AELI Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:41 am

My desk is actually pretty clear and organized most of the time... but I play more than I work so maybe that's why.
Usually I pull out pencils/sketchbook, for most other media I'm either too intimidated or too poor to use them. And then I have my temperamental cheap(er) tablet that I use for oekakis and the occasional rare digital painting.
From looking at your desks, it seems like all of you have a very strong work ethic... in comparison to me.
I'm such a lazy butt. :p
AELI
AELI

http://eu-4ia.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Your Workspace. Empty uh?

Post  ibanana Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:09 pm

I don't have a workspace, too little time to goof off on drawing and playing video games. horrid junior year. I just draw on scraps of paper at school when the teacher not saying anything important or whenever I remember to feel like it. uh? and sometimes at resturants.
ibanana
ibanana

Back to top Go down

Your Workspace. Empty ku fu fu fu fu

Post  tehankee Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:33 pm

heh i have a new workspace now

for i bought a art table at BLICKS >:3

but its still kinda messy =w="
tehankee
tehankee

Back to top Go down

Post  ADMIN Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:08 pm

HOMG, Like those... draft tables? Like, those tables that are tilted? :0
I need one of those badly.
ADMIN
ADMIN
Admin

Back to top Go down

Your Workspace. Empty LOL

Post  Guest Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:27 pm

i helped her set up the damn table which led to many er...innuendos... "PULL IT OUT" "I CAN'T IT'S STUCK" "CUZ THIS THING IS TOO TIGHT" hehe yea though that was completely unecessary i felt a compelling need to tell you all XP

Back to top Go down

Your Workspace. Empty LOL

Post  tehankee Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:02 pm

OMG i remembered that day it was like "hmmmm black.... or white..."
Vykee:...you know white stains, right?
" ..... BLACK IT IS!!!"
-5 minutes later-
"where are we suppose to put theses things?"
Vykee: errr....
-a while later-
"wooo we are done!"
Vykee: FINALLY!! -leaves-
-nail falls out-
"o_____o!"
tehankee
tehankee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum