Art Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Art Club–Introduce Yourself!

+12
NoahNoKuro
Yuka
tehankee
ibanana
AELI
feathers
Zaelara.
lostinbooks
xynree
DelinquentCherries
NOX
ADMIN
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What is your favorite art medium?

Welcome to Art Club–Introduce Yourself! Vote_lcap10%Welcome to Art Club–Introduce Yourself! Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]
Welcome to Art Club–Introduce Yourself! Vote_lcap15%Welcome to Art Club–Introduce Yourself! Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 3 ]
Welcome to Art Club–Introduce Yourself! Vote_lcap10%Welcome to Art Club–Introduce Yourself! Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]
Welcome to Art Club–Introduce Yourself! Vote_lcap45%Welcome to Art Club–Introduce Yourself! Vote_rcap 45% 
[ 9 ]
Welcome to Art Club–Introduce Yourself! Vote_lcap0%Welcome to Art Club–Introduce Yourself! Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Welcome to Art Club–Introduce Yourself! Vote_lcap0%Welcome to Art Club–Introduce Yourself! Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 20

Welcome to Art Club–Introduce Yourself! Empty Welcome to Art Club–Introduce Yourself!

Post  ADMIN Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:05 am

Hi, this forum is a place where Art Club members can post their discussions/questions about art, their art, critique, tutorials, etc.
We want you to embrace art in all its forms, and learn about them as well. Very Happy So let's start off by introducing ourselves~

Here's a general guideline if you like:

Name:
Grade:
Fav. artist/why:
Strange/interesting thing about you:
Something you want to learn this year:

The only thing I ask of you, is not to abuse the pretty emoticons. pig
ADMIN
ADMIN
Admin

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Art Club–Introduce Yourself! Empty Re: Welcome to Art Club–Introduce Yourself!

Post  ADMIN Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:43 pm

Name: Juliana O.
Grade: SENIORRRR
Fav. artist/why: Too many to list, James Jean? Linda Berkivst (sp).. and some awesome people on DA: ArtGerm, kidchan, cuson, yooani, dangerousllama, etc.
Strange/interesting thing about you: I love Asian prunes. (you know you do too ;D)
Something you want to learn this year: AAAH, so many things I want to learn! But the one thing I need to learn ...is to learn how to love learning to learn by myself.
ADMIN
ADMIN
Admin

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Art Club–Introduce Yourself! Empty Re: Welcome to Art Club–Introduce Yourself!

Post  NOX Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:51 pm

Name: Ailsa (Pronounced "elsa")
Grade: SEEEEEEEEENIOR.
Fav. artist/why: The entire Squeenix crew! Artists of programming and directing and composing... heh... And the usual godly artists on DA. - u-;;
Strange/interesting thing about you: I can speak 7 languages. I love K-pop and GOOD dramas (though TW ones kind of lack... - u-; ). I like using emoticons. :'D I've been in marching band for three years so far. Err, I'm not particularly fond of prunes. I'm a master procrastinator, but I get things done, hehe.... except... this hasn't held steady since senior year began. I'm excited for college and devastated that I have to apply. I hope to study abroad for at least a summer. :3
Something you want to learn this year: Realism! And backgrounds! And painting!
....And, most importantly, self-motivation (that applies to everything).

Last edited by NOX on Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
NOX
NOX

Back to top Go down

Post  DelinquentCherries Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:52 pm

Name: Dana C.
Grade: SENIOR STATUSSSS
Fav. artist/why: I don't have a particular favorite; I JUST LIKE PRETTY ART. *O* Juliana O. is an awesome artist though ;DDDD
Strange/interesting things about you: I... like boba milk tea...? 8D I still regard Taipei as my home even though I was born in America and my Chinese sucks... >>;;;;
Something you want to learn this year: Umm.... lots of things. PLEASE TEACH ME~ ONEGAI JULIANA SENSEIIII~~~~ >3<
DelinquentCherries
DelinquentCherries

http://aitoko.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Art Club–Introduce Yourself! Empty HI I'M XYN AND I HAVE AN UNIQUE SUBJECT LINE AREN'T YOU JEALOUS

Post  xynree Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:57 pm

Name: Xinrui (pronounced sin-REE (stress on 'ree', not sin LOL) but you call me xyn!
Grade: junior and hating it
Fav. artist/why: a lot... don't think i have a particular favorite, but i do favor a bunch. conceptart and creepy stuff makes me happy hehe.
Strange/interesting thing about you: i am 5'8". i like scarfbandanas and guys with nice legs. i always fall asleep in second period and supposedly i have really weird facial expressions.
Something you want to learn this year: umumum a lot? durrr okay. backgrounds, realism, coloring, lining, everything basically. just want to get better. =]
xynree
xynree

http://fugalugachingchong.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:54 am

Name: Yeena (pronunciation should be self-explanatory, but some people still call me "yeh-nah," like my Spanish teacher last year. It's "yee-nah.")
Grade: Junior. .cries.
Fav. artist/why: Too many D: there's a lot of amazing artists on dA and I love all their stuff... one of my favorites is laverinne~ ;DD
Strange/interesting thing about you: I like calculus. And fish. SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK! D:< So if you're up at 3 AM and you want someone to keep you company till sunrise, I'll probably be awake. ;DD
Something you want to learn this year: Anything and everything. (:

By the way, I registered earlier under "zaelara," but I accidentally signed up with a non-existent e-mail address. DD: So I redid it. Can you guys delete that account, please? Thanks, and sorry!

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Art Club–Introduce Yourself! Empty what would the most random things look like as people?

Post  Guest Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:07 pm

Name: Victoria Y. (vicky, victoria blah blah blah w/e...call me icky vicky and i'll go crazy with my samurai sword on you...haha jkjk....but seriously...don't go there.)
Grade: JUNIOR but i'm still 15
Fav. artist/why: nobody in particular, i just like stuff that's...colorful/unique/cute/sexy/gorey/twisted/simple
Strange/interesting thing about you: if i frighten you at times i wouldn't be suprised i have extreme personality issues DON'T JUDGE ME hahahehahHAHAHAHA...i don't need therapy
Something you want to learn this year: how to draw people...and even eyes in particular...

yea iono don't ask about my subject ankee's fruit people just make me wonder how other things would look like as people, not just animals and pokemon (gijinkas <3)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:28 pm

Name: Leslie Like a Star @ heaven (teehee, the emoticons are pretty)
Grade: sophomore
Favorite artist / why: I don't have one ... yet. ;D
Strange / interesting thing about you: I'm half white / half asian. Yayy for being mixed, haha. I'm in color guard and orchestra and hope to be in both for all four years of high school. Smile
Something you want to learn this year: Hmmm ... I just want to improve my art in general and explore different art forms. I prefer oil paint myself, but I'm taking adv. drawing/painting this year and oh gosh, it's ruining my confidence. D:

Anyways, I wasn't at the club meeting today because I was home sick. It's still okay if I come to the next meeting, rightt? Just wanted to make sure. :]

*hi Yeena!*

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Art Club–Introduce Yourself! Empty .

Post  ADMIN Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:45 pm

Hi xyn, yeena, vicky, and leslie! *waves dramatically*

To xyn: Sigh, guys with nice legs.. > w <

To yeena: Oh, what a proper junior you are! *pats*

To vicky: You're too awesome. 8D

To Leslie: Yay, I'm glad to hear about your enthusiasm for art! It sucks that you guys have to copy pictures and stuff for Adv. Drawing and Painting most of the time... (unless they changed the curriculum this year.. which they never do haha.)
Yes, it's okay if you didn't make it to the meeting. Hope you are feeling better. ^^ Do I have your email contact for Art Club emails?

====

This titling thing for every post is really annoying and glaring. Does anyone feel the same way? xD!
Unless you want to confess your love here, it'd be perfect.. Go right ahead and don't be shy! Haha~
ADMIN
ADMIN
Admin

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Art Club–Introduce Yourself! Empty Re: Leslie's Post

Post  NOX Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:53 pm

YAY, CG! There's... a lot of drama from what I recall the past three years, haha. I think it increases with Winter Guard (right? idk), but I really hope you'll be able to keep both Orchestra and CG for all four years! I know Kat Chin has been in CG and concert band for the last three years... and she's still incredibly smart. ^^

farao LOL. I just looked at the emoticons for the first time.... PUWAHAHAHA, this icon reminds me of the field show... huhu...
NOX
NOX

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Art Club–Introduce Yourself! Empty Hello...

Post  lostinbooks Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:32 pm

Name: Natasha
Grade: 9
Fav. artist/why: hmmm...hard one...there are too many good artists! I'm hoping some skill will rub off on me... Very Happy
Strange/interesting thing about you: I spend far too much time writing fiction and practicing violin...
Something you want to learn this year: I want to improve in different mediums, and learn some new skills...

lostinbooks

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaelara. Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:40 am

LESLIEEEE!!!
I haven't seen you in like forever. Well, like a few weeks, but still DD: LOL
Wish I was still in guard ): I heard about the costumes + makeup + all that stuff. Sounds awesomeee.
Zaelara.
Zaelara.

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Art Club–Introduce Yourself! Empty :DDD

Post  feathers Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:11 pm

I AM VELINDA LIAO
SENIORRRRRRRRR WHOOOOOOOO~
fav artist/why: i love everyone <3 because everyone is very cool
strange/interesting: ...nothing much really :< stud life editor. play piano/flute Very Happy ...thats like...it
something i wanna learn: to draw better. the secret to getting a high score on the SAT/ACT. the secret to getting into college D8 the secrets of LIFE

ok ok lalala~ Very Happy
HELLO MY FELLOW ARTIST FRIENDS
i shall post more and more and more

feathers
feathers

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Art Club–Introduce Yourself! Empty Intro.

Post  AELI Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:33 am

Name: Anne-Elise (yeah, you say the whole thing, please)
Grade: 12
Fav. artists/why: Brendan Monroe, Kinuko Y. Craft, James Jean, Thurop Van Orman, Daniel Clowes, Bill Watterson. I actually don't know too many :/ I need to be exposed ...
-Brendan Monroe because his work is beautiful, warm, simple and complex,
-Craft because she has amazing fantasy work that feels truly old school,
-James Jean who I found about this summer reading "Fables", and have become enraptured in since,
-Thurop Van Orman CREATOR OF FLAPJACK <:D NEW EPISODES THURSDAY ON CARTOON NETWORK
-Daniel Clowes I've only read a few of his comics but they're very good, very different
-Bill Watterson CREATOR OF CALVIN AND HOBBES not only is the art beautiful and quirky, the humor is intelligent and both really go together very well

also a bunch of really cool deviantart artists: imaginism, 0Effe0, asuka111, AquaSixio, budgie, egosun, JohnSu, nati....I could go on for a while..
and some manga artists I want to list..
-Jen Lee Quick
-Amy Reeder Hadley
-Yun Kouga

Strange/Interesting thing about me: N/A
Something I want to learn this year: TOO MANY THINGS. HM. HOW TO SURVIVE COLLEGE.

I hope more people will join and that art club will be very fun this year!
AELI
AELI

http://eu-4ia.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Art Club–Introduce Yourself! Empty lack of a better title.

Post  Zaelara. Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:00 pm

Hiii, everyone! Looking forward to getting to know you all this year~ (:

AND VICKERRZ YOUR ICON IS TOO CUTE.<3333
I just spent like five minutes staring at it. O_______O;
.squish squish squish.
Zaelara.
Zaelara.

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Art Club–Introduce Yourself! Empty the introducing thing

Post  ibanana Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:23 am

Name: Tiffany Lai
Grade:11
Fav. artist/why: Don't have one but I really like CLAMP's style of violence, it's hard to copy. those illiusion pictures are cool too. and the guy who drew the campbell tomato soup, he drew something really good tasting

Strange/interesting thing about you: a light metal pipe landed on my head before, it hurt.
Something you want to learn this year: trying to be more social, apparently as i observed, my social level may be too low for what is considered to be not very good, that can't be too good I guess, and learn how to draw something I wanted to know how to draw but never remember to do.
ibanana
ibanana

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Art Club–Introduce Yourself! Empty Yay page two!

Post  ADMIN Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:40 am

Hello everyone ..again! 8D
Did anyone take the SAT today?
ADMIN
ADMIN
Admin

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Art Club–Introduce Yourself! Empty I never ever turn off my laptop, so it always says I'm online.

Post  Zaelara. Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:41 pm

Budiana wrote:Hello everyone ..again! 8D
Did anyone take the SAT today?

Thank goodness, no. D:
I'M NOT READY TO FAIL YET. ><
Did you?
Zaelara.
Zaelara.

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Art Club–Introduce Yourself! Empty HIYA

Post  tehankee Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:27 pm

HOLASSSS AnQi here

name: Anqi Liang (like yankee without the "y")
grade: Juniorness~
Fav. artist/why: too many...
Strange/interesting thing about you:-looks around- /whisper "i have a panda fetish.."
Something you want to learn this year: ANYTHING!! AND EVERYTHING!! HO HO HO HO HO HOESSs
tehankee
tehankee

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Art Club–Introduce Yourself! Empty Re: zaelara

Post  tehankee Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:04 pm

Guest wrote: By the way, I registered earlier under "zaelara," but I accidentally signed up with a non-existent e-mail address. DD: So I redid it. Can you guys delete that account, please? Thanks, and sorry!

LOL yeena theres a delete box in the profile page
tehankee
tehankee

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaelara. Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:42 am

TEH ANKEE HAZ ARRIVED I SEE!
GET AWAY FROM MY PANDAS. MY POOR PANDAS. ): .snuggles mr.panda.

LOL AND THAT.
I accidentally fused my g-mail e-mail (hey that kinda rhymes! ;D) address with yahoo.com, so it was completely wrong and it didn't let me log in until I activate my account. Of course, having signed up on accident with a non-existent e-mail address, I could not activate my account, so I kind of couldn't log in. TT___TT;
Zaelara.
Zaelara.

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Art Club–Introduce Yourself! Empty Re: zaelara

Post  tehankee Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:43 am

Zaelara. wrote:
GET AWAY FROM MY PANDAS. MY POOR PANDAS. ): .snuggles mr.panda.

what?!!
PFTTTT~ I am the great panda master >:3
tehankee
tehankee

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Art Club–Introduce Yourself! Empty Introduction

Post  Yuka Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:36 am

Name : Hillary Lui
Grade: Junior
Favorite Artist: 1. Tetsuya Nomura - I love his characters and the way he draws everything Very Happy
2. Yoshitaka Amano - I love his illustrations on the Final Fantasy boxes
3. Kaori Yuki - I like her style of drawing manga, its different from everyone else's
Strange/Interesting stuff about me: I love anime and manga. I love playing video games, drawing, and reading about Greek and Asian mythology.And I like learning about Japanese stuff. And I am a huge Square Enix fan.
Something I want to learn this year: how to draw wrinkles on clothes and where to draw them cat
Yuka
Yuka

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Art Club–Introduce Yourself! Empty Of fangirling and social skills.

Post  NOX Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:26 pm

Ah, I hope you'll meet someone who's able to teach you social skills, Tiffany.
Alas, I am a failure in communication... - u-;;

SPAZZSPAZZSPAZZ!! CAN WE PLEASE SQUEENIX FANGIRL TOGETHER, HILLARY???!! :'DDDD
NOX
NOX

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Art Club–Introduce Yourself! Empty Square Enix fangirls

Post  Yuka Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:07 pm

lol ok Very Happy
Yuka
Yuka

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next