Art Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Forum Rules and Guidelines

Go down

General Forum Rules and Guidelines Empty General Forum Rules and Guidelines

Post  ADMIN Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:54 pm

Follow these rules and guidelines for a healthy art forum:
- Do not give any personal information over public posts.
- Do not try to explicitly sell anything in the forum. (even art commissions! :0 Just put a link in your signature?)
-Do not post any explicit images.
- Promote healthy, relevant discussion according to the topic.
- Type out your sentences clearly, and nicely.(this is just a courtesy thing to do.)
- Keep the language PG-13.*
- Do not do anything explicit or malicious (cybering, trolling etc.).
- Be respectful and open-minded.

*As for "bad words", I will tolerate it to an extent. But abuse of them is not necessary. If anyone feels very strongly about censoring the offensive words, send the Admin (me) a pm.

Art Theft:
Art Theft will be strictly monitored. It's a bad idea to steal art and claim it as your own. Empty praise and self-satisfaction is not worth the shame and guilt. It will get you banned and leave you with a bad name. Just don't try it. Let's be good citizens, and respect other artists' work.

As for eyeballed images (like copying images, not tracing, though still showing very significant resemblance to original artwork), this is only allowed for practice. Do not copy any comic covers, posters, other people's art, etc. unless your purpose is to learn anatomy or anything like that (but you should really use better reference images xD). There are much better alternatives, such as drawing from life, stock images (use google, stock image websites, your own photos), and/or from good instructional books (some are free online too!). Eyeballed images will be monitored as well, but not to an extreme extent.

I don't think we will have many problems here, but if they do arise, I will update this in the future.
ADMIN
ADMIN
Admin

Back to top Go down